25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
Mr. Hood’s Holiday House has stood for a thousand years, welcoming countless children into its embrace. It is a place of miracles, a blissful round of treats and seasons, where every childhood whim may be satisfied.
There is a price to be paid, of course, but young Harvey Swick, bored with his life and beguiled by Mr. Hood’s wonders, does not stop to consider the consequences. It is only when the House shows its darker face—when Harvey discovers the pitiful creatures that dwell in its shadows—that he comes to doubt Mr. Hood’s philanthropy.
The House and its mysterious architect are not about to release their captive without a battle, however. Mr. Hood has ambitions for his new guest, for Harvey’s soul burns brighter than any soul he has encountered in a thousand years…
This edition is presented in a beautifully illustrated deluxe tray case, and contains a wealth of extra material, including:
Unused Art Archive – An extensive gallery of unused and alternate artwork
Thieves From Around the World – An extensive gallery of cover images from editions worldwide.
Excerpts from Clive’s handwritten manuscript pages of:
– First Draft Handwritten Manuscript (As Mr Hood’s Holiday House) – Chapter One
– Early Draft Handwritten Manuscript – Chapter One
– First & Early Handwritten Draft Manuscript – Extras
– Final Draft Handwritten Manuscript – Chapter One
– Final Draft Handwritten Manuscript – Alternate Beginning
– Screenplay Handwritten Manuscript – First Scenes
– Screenplay Handwritten Manuscript – Last Scenes
This edition also comes with 4 x A5 art prints (as pictured)
Limited and numbered to just 100 copies
Signed by Clive Barker
|Dimensions||12 x 12 x 5 in|